FriendlyScreens is the English language version of PantallasAmigas.
PantallasAmigas is a Spanish initiative whose mission is the promotion of safe and healthy use of new technologies, and foster being a responsible digital citizen in children and teenagers.
- Safety — avoiding risks or reducing the consequences.
- Health — physical, mental and social, both individual and collective.
- Cybercitizenship — developing strong civic competencies, values, and skills.
Our experience in the service of childhood
PantallasAmigas has support from EDEX, an NGO active in the community with more than 30 years’ experience in driving comprehensive development in the area of childhood and adolescence. It also receives technical advice from Integral de Medios consultants who have been specialising in education and new technologies since 1996.
The structure of our contributions is based upon five basic pillars:
- The strategic use of educational multichannel communications.
- The development of skills for everyday life – socially (empathy…), cognitively (critical thinking…), and emotionally (controlling emotions…).
- The promotion of universal values such as respect, responsibility, justice, solidarity, cooperation, participation, fairness, equal opportunities, and looking after other people.
- The encompassment of other educational aspects (gender equality, inclusion…).
- The innovation of processes, media, communication channels and agents.